Out of the Ordinary

Everday's a special day

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Grape-ing

Grape-ing = most popular job for fresh graduates like me =)

The word 'grape-ing' comes from the word 'menganggur' as anggur in BM means grape lol but menganggur means not working in Malay.

Most of my friends that I know well are officially grape-ing now. wanna join the club anyone?

Hmm...to those who are going to take up scholarships out there and if you're bonded with the company for 3 or 5 years as one of the T&C, don't hesitate so much. Just take up the offer as you won't be grape-ing once you graduate. Plus the 3 or 5 years bond is a very good time to gain your experience.

Most of us graduates who are not bonded faces difficulties in looking for jobs as we are inexperienced and plus not many companies are happy to train you up as a beginners. I once recieve a remark from a company that says ' so you are using this company as a training ground' well, obviously I am since I am a fresh graduate, I know nothing and in my resume and CV, I stated that I AM A FRESH GRADUATE and I HAVE JUST COMPLETED MY COURSE. Do they not know how to read english? Why do they want to ask me to go for the interview if the know I have no experience and so forth? If I were to have experience already, I would have stated in my resume...

They are not just wasting my time but their own time as well. I didn't lie to them that i'm experience. I clearly stated out that I'm a fresh grad hence it's obvious I have no working experience at all...Well these are the things you'll be facing once you enter working world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home