Out of the Ordinary

Everday's a special day

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Updates updates

Being a teacher is fun and yet challenging. The kids are challenging to handle...need special skills to handle them. They are still childish in their mindset but yet still want to be treated as an adult. What to do...rebellious kids are at this age haha
I was once their age so can think what they are thinking actually =) They aren't like college kids where they will keep really quiet in class, these are like monkeys on the loose as if first time out of the cage so need something like TOYS to distract them. Of course, I don't bring toys for them, I distract them with HOMEWORK! hahaha no wonder teachers always give us lots of homework to do while in class sheesh haha My homework has to be done in class right and then and time is given so they feel the anxiety!

Also, being a teacher makes me feel 'big' and 'special'. When I walk on the walkway, students will greet and also make way for me so I go first. Parents addressing me as teacher, cikgu and 'lau shi'(in mandarin). In another words, tho these students are naughty, they still show respect to their teachers. It is always very funny to see students who talk so loud to friends and when asked to answer questions, they become totally silent! This has been going on for years even during my years hahaha

It's fun I must say...totally a different experience to begin with =) My students are fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home