Out of the Ordinary

Everday's a special day

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Freaky!!!!!!!

Today I had to go to Kampung Kemandol, where the orang asli settlements is. We were planning to do a profile on orang asli mum, to see how their culture is like to raise kids. Wonder if it's very different and to see if they have any parenting tips to share with the urban parents ie: what to they do when a child is sick...do they take panadol like us or use herbs, what kind of traditional games do the kids play ecetera

Of course, I went alone...Angela couldn't make it because there's TONNES of editing to be done...And so, I had to go to Subang Airport to meet Pastor Ping, who will be taking me to Kampung Kemandol.

I didn't know the way coz Subang ain't my territory...took directions from James (my company's despatch and he pratically knows the road in Selangor and Wilayah, I call him my walking map) and Irene. So I drove there, then when I came to the so called 'magnificent' bridge in subang hahaha i kind of became uncertain with the routes...you'll feel this especially entering a new zone hahaha

So I called Irene, she didn't pick up. Couldn't call James as my phone has not been activated yet. So I called Colin. Well, my 017 is for mostly for work purposes so I don't give them my 016. He gave me directions to go some how I misinterpreted his direction and went all the way to USJ.

And so, he directed me out which again, wrong way as he told me to stay on the 2nd lane which leads me back to the highway...I was heading to Shah Alam now. Passed the toll, asked the toll lady where can I make a U turn. She just 'oh depan sahaja' which is just right ahead of me...so happily I took the right lane thinking the U turn will be on my right. I was like driving about 100km/j.

AND THEN I SAW THIS BRIDGE THAT GOES UP THAT MAKES A NICE BIG U TURN TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD ON MY RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to like slow down on my current lane, signal to my left and quickly make a dash to the left!!! ALL THE CARS WERE HONKING AT ME!!!!!!!!

I really Praise God that there weren't lots of car at that time and I could like stop in the middle of the highway(from right lane moving to the middle lane then to the very left lane) without getting HIT!!!!

Well I had to like ignore all the honks blaring at me of course =D couldn't scold them of honking at me..Good thing I was really calm hahaha and like err sooooo sorry guys, didn't mean to do this but I am like really lost here.

Who shall I to blame??? Well the signage in Malaysia is SUPER DUPER HORRIBLE!!!!

They should at least put a U TURN sign ahead of you stating that you can do the U turn 500m in front ecetera.......

Oh well........freaky day huh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home