Out of the Ordinary

Everday's a special day

Thursday, May 08, 2008

A year already

It's been a year and 8 days since you left us, kong kong. We still miss your presence a lot.

Just some updates for you kong kong, This year's chinese new year we all went back to Kuching for the celebration. We all had a wonderful time back in Kuching.

We are still so used to having you around that during lunch/dinner time, we still accidentally call out your name to ask you to eat. Especially kor kor, there's once he said Ah Kong Ah Ma chiak! Very loudly. We all knew Ah Ma heard it but she just pretended as if it was not spoken.

And once when I came back, I saw Pek Pek with Ah Ma at the table, I thought it was you, and I said I'm back Ah Kong & Ah Ma only to realise it was Pek Pek. We all miss you, Ah kong.

Ah Ma is doing fine, she had a fall yesterday. Not a serious one...coz she wanted to show us yoga hahaha and hurt her knee. She's fine. When I called her, she laughs at it. Now, everytime we go back, we will take turns sleeping with her. Taking over your place on the bed...how we wish you were around. Sometimes she is so restless at night, worrying about this and that. I think she misses you a lot, Ah Kong. But she is keeping it silently to herself.

Ah Siang kor kor now has a baby daughter. You'd be proud being for having 3 great grand children now hehe

Papa is now working full time in Kuching. He does visit Ah Ma regularly back in Sri Aman. I haven't been back to Sri Aman since your funeral. I am yet to see your nice feng shui. I went back to Kuching twice last year but Ah Ma will be down in Kuching to see us.

I still miss you, Ah Kong. Your presence is so powerful in our house that every time we go back, we sense something is missing. You are not with us in everything we do now. During breakfast when we all will go out with your kolok mee rounds and even supper hehe You're the most happening grandpa who will eat anything with us. I miss your 'pang soh' & chicken boxing. Always talking about these with kor kor & jie jie.

Love you Ah kong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home