Out of the Ordinary

Everday's a special day

Friday, March 10, 2006

18th Century

I was watching 'Pride n Prejudice' last night with Dion. Apparently we're both more into the sets, designs and costumes rather than the script and acting itself. I was fascinated by the huge mansions that people during that era lived in. If you're really rich, you're seriously filthy rich. With servants that served you, giving you the curtsy and bows, calling you madam/ladyship or even miss, riding in carriages...makes me wanna stay in the 18th century in one of those big mansion. The men at that time were gentlemen mind you, being polite when they speak to women unlike now...
They called the piano a piano forte and whoever can play piano forte are considered high ranking. What about now? It's now so common for ppl to play the piano forte.
I'd wish to go back and stay in the 18th century if I can. I can go for walks instead of car drives in the lovely green pastures and horse back riding in those dresses. Such granduer they have during that time.

-out living in the 18th century-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home