Out of the Ordinary

Everday's a special day

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

2 years passed by

Dear Kong Kong,

It's been 2 years now. Somehow it still seems like yesterday it all happened. Things have changed for the past 1-year. I made a big move, I am now back home in Miri, working.

How are you there, ah kong? I still wish that I've spoken to you the night after your operation. I should have insisted Siaw Su(youngest uncle) to wake you, so I can still hear your voice, the last time. I still miss you…

Our CNY celebration this year was great. We ate at home this year. We didn’t go out because of last year’s experience in the restaurant. It was horrible.

So, this year Ah M said she'll cook steamboat! It was soo good. The food on the table was plentiful! Despite so much food served, I secretly missed one particular food. Pan suh! Pan suh that’s being cooked by you. My favourite dish, done only by you. Siaw Su says he can cook it the same way as you did!!! I didn’t get the chance to try it because when he cooked it, I was back in Miri already. Siaw Su said he will do it next year for me. I can’t wait.

The entire visitation that we go, we’ll definitely speak of you. We went to visit Lau Kou (your sisters) and Lau Chek (your brother), I’ll picture that you were with us. Lau chek look so much like you, do you know that? When I look at him, I see you. Picturing how it’d be nice to have you here with us, talking and talking.

Pek pek(dad's eldest brother) and us, we'll be going for a holiday. I am sure, you'll be coming with us too, if you're still around. Our first combine Goh's family trip =) I'll tell you more after the trip.

Always missing you.

Your granddaughter.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM , Blogger William said...

May he read it! He must have loved you a great deal!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home