Out of the Ordinary

Everday's a special day

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Cantonese - what a horror!!!

I am very sure that my cantonese is very very critical!!!!

It was proven on sunday when i tried to do my orders in cantonese for a bowl of pork ball rat's tail(lau su fen). The store owner mumble non cantonese to me that doesn't sound like pork or fish balls at all, I just said Yes and walked off.

My food came......rice noodles with fishball...i recognise the waitress from the store..so i thought she knew what I ordered....puzzled at my order and the look I gave her, I took the fishball noodle soup and paid for it. While eatiing, I asked Chooi Kam how to say rat's tail and pork balls in cantonese.

Few mins later, another waitress from the same stall came with Lau Su Fen Kon (dried lau su fen) which was my order! I looked at my bowl and said 'shoot' that's my order! DAMN!!! The waitress, obviously very confused, can't tell who ordered that dish was like walking around tables asking who ordered it. I felt soooooo embarassed at that moment that I wish I could hide my face in the bowl.

This wasn't enough, Josh and Adel were beside me. I told them I was eating somebody else's lunch and that's it. I got it from them!!! They started making HU HA all over the table. Adel shouted 'oh you called that why are u not eating' I was just looking down at the bowl asking them to shuddup hahaha

AND THEN the same waitress came again, this time with the same dish I was eating. Now Josh and Adel were there again to make the HU HA. Told the waitress that I ordered it but I was looking down. Avoiding eye contact...coz this time it wasn't MINE and those two were picking on me!!! The poor waitress was so confused by those two brats hahaha and in the end adel had to say no la they were just joking hahaha

What a horror!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home